Monday, February 17, 2014

looking forward

Considering that it is now mid-feb, It seems late to start a post about 2014.
But being a person with little conscious for time, it just felt like the right time to write about it.
After all, the beauty about humans being different individuals is that we all have different background, experiences, ideas, opinions, and even the sense of time.
Some people might feel having been one and a half months into the year, they have already planned out what they wanted to do in this year, and perhaps, have completed one or two things in their bucket list.

I am glad that for most people whom I know, the start of the new year is a rather slow period, mainly on enjoying the festives, setting goals & resolutions for the next 12 months ahead.
For the past few years at least, it wasn't the same for me.
From as far back as I can remember, 2010 till this year, the start of the new year had always present itself with lots of changes, challenges and disparaging facts to grapple with.
For the past few years, December has more or less been a good month, with the nice feeling hangover to the turn of year.
Then, mid/end January has always been the start of all troubles.
Needless to say, for the past few years,  I have not fully experience the festive mood of the CNY.

Anticipating the work trip in January, I thought this year would be different, however it did not seem so. The work trip overall was great, but being just a week before CNY, I did not participate in the usual CNY preparations as I would in the past years. Therefore it seemed a little strange to be back with all the new year goodies arranged neatly and all the boisterous red deco out to welcome visitors.
The jetlag wasn't the worse, it was about being lagging in absorbing the CNY festive mood.

Then came the bulk of my troubles.
Returning to work on CNY saw tons of issues happened during the holidays and happening right then. Those drained my energy totally and I fervently hope that all these will never happen again

I have indeed become more cautious about the early months of the year, as each year, something different and drastic happens and making me lose faith in the meaning of a 'Happy' new year.
On the other hand, the year is still long and unpredictable ahead, perhaps and hopefully the followings months will be more smooth-sailing.

It is now mid-Feb, I finally had time to put things into my bucket list for the new year.

1. Find back my faith! Everything that happens has a meaning.
2. Travel! Each journey has its own meaning. You will not know it until you start the first step.
3. Work! Think clearly, filter out the noise, focus on the right things & strive towards improvement
4. Show more concern and help to people around me. They exist for a purpose. Cherish them.
5. Do more of what makes me happy. Eat, play, jog, blog.
6. Work slowly but steadily towards the ultimate goal. Slow and steady towards fulfilling the vision that is in my mind.


2 comments:

wac said...

I'm very curious what's your vision you said you have in mind :))
Anyway happy-new-year or not, life goes on. Just make the best of whatever you can and simply be happy for the fact that at least you still harbour hopes of being happy.
Make sense??

hu/ m/n said...

Yup, agreed! :)