Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Uninspired

Recently, frustrations towards people and things have cluttered up my mind. The daily affairs have again bogged down my mind, totally uninspiring. It seems as if the only aim for today is just to get to tomorrow. 
2013 was the year when it all started. 2014 it started to worsen.
Micro-managing, that is.
It seems like chasing after people for deadlines and highlighting other people's issues is even more valued than performing the actual work itself.
Ignorance, I found out, is a double edged sword, it works well on most occasions and yet can cut you back the wrong way on rarer occasions. 
Thinking about this has already sapped away my energy. 
It's tiring to face challenging tasks, and yet even more exhausting to face challenging people.
It's no wonder I have been feeling worn out. Every morning, it is a struggle to wake up, despite a good seven hours of uninterrupted sleep. My brain tells me that I am void of energy every time the alarm or snooze comes on.

Out of desperation, I have gotten myself some self-help books.
Hopefully, I can gain some inspiration, as well as some help on time management to tackle the challenging "things" in order to overcome the challenging "people".


2 comments:

Yick Loong said...

I agree that many people tend to look for faults with their associates, rather than focusing on coming up with a solution. This is the most frustrating part about work; it is not the job scope that is challenging, it is the people involved that makes it challenging.

Do the self-help books give some good advice? I have half a mind to borrow some too if it helps.

Jiayou and do not give up!

wac said...

some self-help books do help keep you inspired and motivated!! But ultimately it depends on how you use it to yourself and people around you. When some things can't be changed, why not look for a better environment? If everyday you dread work, there's something very wrong